YOUR 2020 GIC BENEFITS
For Municipal Employees, Retirees, and Survivors
Benefits and rates effective
July 1, 2020
Annual Enrollment offers you the opportunity to review your benefit options and enroll in or change your coverage.
Here is What’s New for 2020:
For ACTIVE or NON-MEDICARE eligible Retirees
This year, you’ll see changes to the UniCare Basic, Choice and Plus behavioral health benefits that put them more in line with the medical benefits under those plans. The GIC has eliminated or reduced some copays and deductibles. For details, see the UniCare Handbooks, available no later than July 1, 2020, at mass.gov/gic.
Check with your carrier to see if your provider is still in the network. Carrier contact information can be found on the Contacts page.
For Medicare eligible GIC Retirees
There are no benefit changes in GIC Medicare Plans.
If GIC has your email address you may use myGICLink to access enrollment forms to make Annual Enrollment changes.
- Go to bit.ly/mygiclink
- Enter your email address and DOB
- Choose your GIC form(s)
- Select Request
- Check your email for the requested form(s)
- Follow instructions for completion
- Select Submit
- Watch your email for confirmation of receipt
All Benefit Decision Guides can be found online at www.mass.gov/gic with print distribution for State Retirees, Retired Municipal Teachers, Municipal Employees and Retirees, and Elderly Government Retirees only as local capacity allows.
Have You Experienced Any Personal or Family
- Marriage or remarriage
- Legal separation
- Address change
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Legal guardianship of a child
- Remarriage of a former spouse
- Dependent age 19 to 26
- Dependent other than full-time student who has moved out of your health plan’s service area
- Death of a covered spouse, dependent or beneficiary
- You have GIC COBRA coverage and become eligible for other coverage
If you have experienced any of these events, you must notify the GIC within 60 days of your family status changes. Failure to do so can result in financial liability to you.
Where Do You Live?
Where you live determines which health insurance product you may enroll in.