long term disability
What is Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance?
LTD insurance is an income replacement program that financially protects you and your family in the event you become disabled and are unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your job.
- A tax-free benefit of 55% of a participant’s gross monthly salary, up to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month, up to the age of 65. If a participant is disabled on or after age 62, benefits may continue after age 65;
- A benefit for partial disabilities;
- A 36-month benefit for behavioral health disabilities;
- A rehabilitation and return-to-work assistance benefit;
- A dependent care expense benefit; and
- Partial benefits, even if you are receiving other income benefits, with a minimum of $100 or 10% of your gross monthly benefit amount – whichever is higher.
|MONTHLY GIC LTD PLAN RATES|
|ACTIVE EMPLOYEE AGE|| |
|Under Age 24||$0.08|
|25 – 29||$0.10|
|30 – 34||$0.14|
|35 – 39||$0.17|
|40 – 44||$0.35|
|45 – 49||$0.47|
|50 – 54||$0.57|
|55 – 59||$0.70|
|60 – 64||$0.67|
|65 – 69||$0.38|
|70 and over||$0.22|
Eligibility and Enrollment
Active state employees who are eligible for GIC benefits are eligible for LTD.
Current State Employees: All eligible employees can apply for LTD coverage during Annual Enrollment, or at any time during the year. You must provide proof of good health for Unum’s approval to enter the plan.
New State Employees: Eligible employees may enroll in LTD without providing evidence of good health.